Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Auto-Managed configurations via WLSE 2.15

I'm managing a very large roll out of AIR-AP1131AG access points, all in autonomous mode, using a WLSE running version 2.15.

Due to the current network environment, these are all being shipped out with a basic configuration as there is no dhcp service at the remote sites. I'm then using the WLSE to push out a full config to the newly installed access points.

I can manually create a configuration job and push out the final config to access points that have already been discovered and managed by the WLSE. However, I've never been able to get the Auto-Managed config option to work - the WLSE never attempts to push a config when the devices are first discovered and managed.

I hope I'm just missing something (not so) obvious in the WLSE config.

In the WLSE interface, under Configure->Auto Update->Auto-Managed Configuration->Assign Templates, I have a template created, the Enable box is checked, I have a known-good configuration template selected, and under Matching Criteria: I have Device Types checked with AP 1130 in the selection box. I also have Update device credentials checked and Copy Running configuration to Startup configuration checked.

Under Auto-Managed Configuration Options I have SSH selected as the protocol, and Email results of auto-managed configuration jobs to (my email address).

The WLSE never tries to push a config to access points when they're first managed, so I have to manually find the newly-discovered access points and create a configuration job to push the configs to them.

I have a TAC case open on this issue, but I'm having a tough time just getting the TAC engineer to respond.

What might I be missing here?

Thanks...

Views
Helpful
Replies