cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

autocad version import question

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

According to the rel notes for WCS 4.2, you can now import autocad files.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/release/notes/WCSRN4_2.html#wp44483

"AutoCAD map import support-AutoCAD images can be imported into Cisco WCS and used as maps. Users can select the layer of the AutoCAD image to be used as the WCS map when the image is previewed."

Does anyone know what versions of autocad that WCS is compatible with?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

Very good question eric. I will ask the BU guys today.

Any word on this?

Not as of yet.

Official word is it will support any version of AutoCAD files (AutoCAD 2.5 (1986) through AutoCAD 2007) therefore it will assume there is no difference in behavior between different versions of CAD images and will not test for different version of CAD images.

Official word is it will support any version of AutoCAD files (AutoCAD 2.5 (1986) through AutoCAD 2007) therefore it will assume there is no difference in behavior between different versions of CAD images and will not test for different version of CAD images.

dbuttry
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue and opened a TAC case. This is a known bug with WCS servers that have IE7 installed. Here is the bug description and the workaround that worked for me:

D3:Unrelated Error messg when loading CAD file on Windows with IE7 Symptom:

While loading a CAD file in Maps, the following error message is seen:

Error in getting data from server. Make sure you have connectivity and server is UP.

If the previous error message is seen, check the launchout log file for an error message similar to the following.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files\WCS4.2.44.0\webnms\RFdlls\ax2006dll.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

Conditions:

This unrelated error message can occur due to the following missing DLL files:

msvcp71.dll & dwmapi.dll

Workaround:

Add the dll files to the following location and restart WCS server.

c:\windows\system32\msvcp71.dll

c:\windows\system\dwmapi.dll

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: