Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autonomous AP power levels in WCS

We have Wireless Control System Version 4.2.62.0 installed and are currently converting existing 1220 and 1231 aps to LWAPP. I have added all the Autonomous AP's in WCS and placed them on maps. All my Autonomous AP's are running at 100% power yet when I add them to WCS, there is no place to tell it what the power level is and WCS defaults it to level 5. This makes my heat maps very inaccurate. Is there a way to adjust the default power level on the Autonomous AP with WCS so that the heat maps are more accurate? Or do I just have to wait until I convert them to LWAPP?

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Autonomous AP power levels in WCS

You can change the power level of an access point from WCS. But settings of an AP are editable once if it joins the controller which means it has to be converted to LWAPP. But just to try changing it on WCS , Go to Configure -> Access Points-> Go to specific Radio say 802.11 b/g . On that you have the option to customize the power levels.

Re: Autonomous AP power levels in WCS

"Go to Configure -> Access Points-> Go to specific Radio say 802.11 b/g . On that you have the option to customize the power levels."

That option is not available to Autonomous AP's.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content