Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic config for 2nd and 3rd WLC's?

I have seen the discussion regarding the actual configuration of fail-over on the WLC's. I think I have a pretty good understanding of what is supposed to happen there. But, what isn't really clear is the basic config on the 2nd and 3rd WLC's. Do they need to be configured exactly like the first with the exception of the unique fields like interface ip addresses and host name and such? Do people typically take the config from the first and do a "find and replace" to fix the config for the subsequent controllers? I will be adding 2 more to my existing controller in the near future and am trying to have a better understanding of the process before I have to implement it. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Basic config for 2nd and 3rd WLC's?

You're correct in the WLC config - unique IP/hostname info and everything else identical. There's normally not a whole lot of configuration changes to make on additional WLC's, the few times I've done it I've configured things manually or used WCS. Configure additional WLC's to be part of the same mobility group and/or hardcode primary, secondary & tertiary Controllers on the AP's for failover.

HTH

1 REPLY

Re: Basic config for 2nd and 3rd WLC's?

You're correct in the WLC config - unique IP/hostname info and everything else identical. There's normally not a whole lot of configuration changes to make on additional WLC's, the few times I've done it I've configured things manually or used WCS. Configure additional WLC's to be part of the same mobility group and/or hardcode primary, secondary & tertiary Controllers on the AP's for failover.

HTH

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content