cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BBSM - how do we manage the report Database

robetrem
Level 1
Level 1

From the documentation, it seem that we can not purge BBSM records in the report Database. Does somebody care about the management of those records, if yes how ?Can it happen that the database get full and that BBSM crash ?

thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

stschmidt
Level 1
Level 1

As a regular maintenance item I would clear out the transaction history and debugging tables. These should not cause the BBSM to crash but can cause a performance hit.

Purge both the transaction history and debugging tables. This can be done via SQL commands. MSDE has a 2GB limit per database. The past history in the transaction history will be purged. If you want to save this data in a text file, use the following:

Bcp "use atdial select * from transaction_history" queryout -T -c

The above will export the table to a tab delimited text file. It will be very large and notepad will not be able to open this file. You will need

to use excel, access or some other text editor that can handle large files.

The next step is to purge the two tables. These will be the largest tables especially if they have been using debug. Transaction_history is

written to constantly and needs to be purged on occasions.

From the command prompt

OSQL -d atdial -E

> delete transaction_history

> delete debugging

> go

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

I would not worry about the radius database. I have never seen an issue with it before. If you want to see the database schemas take a look here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/aggr/bbsm/bbsm52/sdk/sdk52_a.htm

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

stschmidt
Level 1
Level 1

As a regular maintenance item I would clear out the transaction history and debugging tables. These should not cause the BBSM to crash but can cause a performance hit.

Purge both the transaction history and debugging tables. This can be done via SQL commands. MSDE has a 2GB limit per database. The past history in the transaction history will be purged. If you want to save this data in a text file, use the following:

Bcp "use atdial select * from transaction_history" queryout -T -c

The above will export the table to a tab delimited text file. It will be very large and notepad will not be able to open this file. You will need

to use excel, access or some other text editor that can handle large files.

The next step is to purge the two tables. These will be the largest tables especially if they have been using debug. Transaction_history is

written to constantly and needs to be purged on occasions.

From the command prompt

OSQL -d atdial -E

> delete transaction_history

> delete debugging

> go

Hope this helps.

Should I care about the Radius data as well ?

How can I query the Radius data and archive it (so what the table name) ?

Thanks

I would not worry about the radius database. I have never seen an issue with it before. If you want to see the database schemas take a look here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/aggr/bbsm/bbsm52/sdk/sdk52_a.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card