Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

beginner: wlc 4402 captive portal

hye all,

i want to ask about captive portal authentication. i have a situation where i used local authentication (on controller) for captive portal. the question is, is it possible we use only single set of username and password for office usage? how many person can use same username and password concurrent?

usually, i used RADIUS SERVER for authentication but somehow not for captive portal. is it possible to use RADIUS SERVER for authentication tied up with captive portal?

• Security and Network Management
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: beginner: wlc 4402 captive portal

Hello !

Yes you can use radius with web authentication. The authentication happens with PAP or CHAP on radius. You can configure a priority order for the portal authentication.

WLAN-> security->aaa servers

There you can prioritize Local db,LDAP and radius.

Yes you can login multiple times with the same username. Check out the WLC web page : Security => User login policies.

Regards,

Nicolas

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hello !

Yes you can use radius with web authentication. The authentication happens with PAP or CHAP on radius. You can configure a priority order for the portal authentication.

WLAN-> security->aaa servers

There you can prioritize Local db,LDAP and radius.

Yes you can login multiple times with the same username. Check out the WLC web page : Security => User login policies.

Regards,

Nicolas

thank you..

i've solved that matter...

thank you very much..

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.