Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

BR500E Restarts upon file save. File reads are OK.

Topography: Two bridge units using 6DB patch antennas across a concrete parking lot, at 100mw input. Near side is attached to 10/100 switch and the rest of the network. Far side is attached to 10mb hub with 6 clients. Radios are reporting high levels of retries and holdoffs. In one hour: "Retries" = 2696, "Holdoffs" = 4185. One user is working, but not saving files to the server. When users try to save files to the servers, this restarts the BR500E at the far side.

All settings are stock for bridge use. I have moved the frequency to the least used one here. I have done the troubleshooting steps available here on the Cisco site. I don't have a spectrum analyzer to see if there is interference in channel. Any suggestions will be gladly accepted!!

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: BR500E Restarts upon file save. File reads are OK.

You can do a carrier test and find the issue. A carrier test can only be run on the root bridge.

Re: BR500E Restarts upon file save. File reads are OK.

Thanks for the reply. Did the Carrier Test and moved the system to Channel 11, which has the least useage. No change in the problem. Still restarts the client radio when uploading files >10kb to the server.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content