cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bridge mode of controller base ap

CHUN FAI LAW
Level 1
Level 1

I have testes two standalone ap is able to connect thorugh root-bridge mode and non-bridge mode, but when i try to the non-root bridge ap to controller base ap with bridge mode enable is fail, is there anyone can provide some suggestion?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ras good reply my friend +5.

Chun -- Correct if you put it into workgroup bridge mode it will connect. You mentioned you were in root / non-root. It will not if thats the case.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chun

Good question and folks often get this confused. You aren't alone ..

Root and non-root are for aps in standalone also called autonomous mode. You can not bridge a non-root ap to a controller ap.

If you want to do bridging with a wlc you need to configure your aps in mesh mode.

Does that help ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Chun,

There is a way around as long as you configure non-root AP as WGB (station role work group-bridge). Then you should be able it to connect to controller based AP.  Here how I did this for a testing purpose

http://mrncciew.com/2013/06/16/unified-ap-wgb-with-multiple-vlan/

HTH

Rasika

it seems a useful post for this kind of connection. Thank you very much!!

No worries.. as long as it helps you

hi George,

I have try to creat a wlan in contorller with ssid:bridge, it work finally.

That autonomous ap i config as below,

hostname non-root-bridge

dot11 ssid bridge

authentication op

infrastructure-ssid

exit

<>

int dot1 0

ssid bridge

station-role non-root bridge / workgroup-bridge

no shut

Ras good reply my friend +5.

Chun -- Correct if you put it into workgroup bridge mode it will connect. You mentioned you were in root / non-root. It will not if thats the case.

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Thanks George..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card