cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a hard reset a Aironet 1300?

it
Level 1
Level 1

I can't find the IP address and the mac is not on the power injector. Is there a reset button or something? How else can I find the IP? Or log into the interface?

6 Replies 6

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

Thers is no Mode button for 1310 bridge.. So to get the IP address.. you can try issueing the CDP command on the connected switch if the switch is a cisco switch... that is..

on the switch to which the bridge is connected (if cisco switch only)

show cdp nei det

this will provide the IP address assigned to the device..

if not Cisco switch.. then please console into the bridge using the console cable connecting to the console port on the bridge and then open up the Hyperterminal on your PC or laptop.. use restore default on hypertreminal and you can access the bridge..

now issue the command

sh ip int br

to get the ip address on the bvi.. if you want to change then.. issue the below command..

en

int bvi 1

ip addr

no shut

end

Done!!

Let me know how this works out for you!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

I have no port on my laptop for the cable.

There is no Mode button for 1310 bridge... So the only option is to gte the console access.. try with any other laptop which has the console port..

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Can I just go out and grab the power injector and bring that back here to my office to console in. Or does the injector need to be connected to the bridge?

I guess I was asking if I could just console into the injector without it being attached to the bridge. Anyway I dragged a desktop out there complete with monitor, keyboard, and mouse it only took about 2 hours. I got the IP now I can get in from here at my desk. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: