Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can you upgrade from 1.3.0.20 small ovf to 2.1 without migrating to a new server? It sounds like you can just adjust the server settings now.

Can you upgrade from 1.3.0.20 small ovf to 2.1 without migrating to a new server? It sounds like you can just adjust the server settings now. I am currently running 1.3.0.20 and I have enough to do with also needing to upgrade my wlc to 7.4.121.0 and getting the MSE up to 7.4.121.0 without having to stand up a new server if I don't have to. Please share any information you have in regards to your experience with coming from a version 1.2-1.3 small ovf and going to 2.1.

Thanks,

Andrew

• Security and Network Management
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

You are better off standing

You are better off standing up a new server.  It's cleaner and safer..... you can always try to upgrade if you wish, but if things don't work out well, then you just wasted a lot of time.  Snapshot the VM and export the floor plans, just in case.  The ova is built around the DB size, so I don't know how well the DB will perform if you try to expand memory or drive space after an upgrade.

Please rate helpful post and Cisco Support Community will donate to Kiva

Scotty

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.