Helpful
Replies

cannot receive DHCP to clients via Aironet 1200 AP

rwall
Level 1
Level 1

Basically, here's where I am at...

DHCP server, running IAS, RADIUS, RAS.

The AP is set up as static IP (.143), with authentication, accounting, etc., pointing to the (.120) DHCP server. When I attempt connection to the network via the wireless AP, I get "connected", using PEAP authentication. The problem now is, that the wireless client (set up for dhcp)never gets an address assigned, until it assigns itself a 169. address, about 45 seconds later. I cannot figure out why the wireless clients cannot get an IP network address assigned through the AP. If I connect the laptop to the LAN via cable, it gets an address assignment. Is thee something that I am missing in the Aironet 1200 Series Access Point settings that is not allowing this to take place? there are no filters assigned, and since the end user can get "authenticated" to the server, I am at a loss now. This is using the 802.11g.

In the event log of the AP, I see entries such as:

Nov 7 10:53:28.428 EST - Interface Dot11Radio0, Station [mac address here] Associated KEY_MGMT[NONE]

Nov 7 10:53:28.492 EST - Packet to client [mac address here] reached max retries, removing the client

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rick,

When you configured the AP, is it in the same subnet as the rest of the network? Is there a different subnet that the WiFi clients are going to get? Can you post a copy of the config, so that we can better help you?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

it is the same subnet, correct. Apologies for not clarifying that earlier.

I've been fighting this issue for several days, now. About 15 minutes ago, I was grasping at straws, and selected "Client ARP Caching: Enable", and checked 'Forward ARP Requests to Radio Interfaces' under the SERVICES > ARP Caching menu. I am able to get two notebooks to address via DHCP, and both (one WinXP, one MAC Book pro) able to hit the internet. The WinXP tablet can browse the internal network, as well, but the Mac cannot see the internal stuff, but can see the internet...

as for posting a copy of the config - forgive my ignorance, but is there a text version of the setup that I can add here? This is my first dealing with an AP.

Thank you in advance,

Rick

Ok, was a single checkbox.. ARP Caching..

THanks!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card