cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot set bandwidth limitation (QOS)for guest support on WLC 7.0.116

Calin Cristea
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i have a WLC, software version 7.0.116. I want to limit bandwidth to one vlan. For what i know i can edit a QOS profile and apply it to a vlan.

The thing is that if i try to edit any of the 4 qos profile vlans, platinum, gold, silver and bronze, i don`t have the option that i had in the 4.2.176.0 version, meaning that Per-User Bandwidth Contracts (k) * is missing, i only have Wired QoS Protocol.

Can anyone pls tell me how can i limit bandwidth to this version?

Also the sintax from CLI is missing.

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are you configuring this from the WLC or from the WCS?  If from WCS, what version are you running?  for WCS, it needs to be => the WLC version

The Per User QoS is still there:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0MR1/configuration/guide/cg_controller_setting.html#wpmkr1254531

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hello Stephen,

I didn`t mention anything about WCS. Everything is controller by WLC. I've attached a print screen with the missing tabs  in my previous post.

are you logging in via TACACS?  is it possible that you have restricted access, or that the task list wasn't updated with the upgrade to 7.0?  The Per-User should be there under the Profile tab.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hello again,

Thanks for you're replys. I do not log in via TACACS. Just a simple admin user with read/write permisions.

I did not upgrade the version on my WLC. I had a couple controllers that i manage.

I have just noticed that on one controller (the 4.2.176.0 version ) i have this options, and on new one they are missing.

On the QOS  i only have the profiles option. I don`t have roles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card