cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Certificate Authentication

Effram Barrett
Level 1
Level 1

I am having issues with EAP-TLS certificate authentication between client Windows XP and ACS 5.2.  I have a third party computer Root CA certificate on the ACS server running Windows 2000 and also a Root CA and user Certificate on the client machine running Windows XP.  I have a test WLAN configured on the 5508 WLC.  Everything is working fine except I am getting "EAP-TLS" authentication timeouts reported on the ACS.  I have attached a file of the errors I am getting on the ACS.  It seems as if I am not getting a response from the certificate that is installed on the client machine once it makes the initial request to the ACS.

I am testing this as a proof of concept at one of my customer's site.  The requirement is not to involve AD (Active Directory) at all in this configuration and not have to build a CA server.  The goal is to have successful certificate based authentication between the client and the ACS using EAP-TLS.  Please see error logs for messages reported from ACS.  It looks like the the cert is being pulled from a location with hostname "SMS" but on the client machine it should be pulled from hostname "NDCVACSP". 

Is there anyone who can assist me in this?

1 Reply 1

It sound like you need to auto-generate the certificate to use in the device with the. Device itself, then the error will go away.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card