Views
Helpful
Replies

Certificate error in IE for WLAN web-auth

sayrmatics
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys.

i just set up an enterprise wireless network with guest access using 2 WiSMs (code 6.0.196.0) as internal controllers and 2 5508 WLCs (code 6.0.196.0) as guest anchor controllers. i am using web-auth for the guest wlans and everything works just fine.

we purchased a Verisign certificate and downloaded it to the guest anhor controllers for the web-auth login page and for some reason, we get an invalid certificate error prompt from Internet Explorer while Firefox comes up just fine from the same client.

please i will appreciate suggestions on how to crack this.

thanx in advance for the help

3 Replies 3

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

The error that pops up in IE should say way it failed.  What is the reason listed in the error?

the error we get in IE is the standard security warning saying "there is a problem with this website's security certificate. the security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority" as mentioned earlier, the cert was issued by Verisign

thanx

hi.

i got a solution to this the moment i discovered that verisign stopped issuing  unchained certificates years ago. here's how i went  about it:

1. i downloaded openssl, generated the csr and submitted  to verisign.

2. i copied the digital certificate from verisign in  x509 format.

3. i downloaded the root CA certs and intermediate  CA cert files from verisign for the class of certificate we ordered (secure  server g2)

4. i combined the files as per cisco instruction and  converted to .pem using openssl.

5. i downloaded the cert file to  the wlc via cli and reset the controllers.

hope someone finds this useful
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card