Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Certificate Error

Hi,

I have a customer that purchased a certificate and imported it into his Microsoft 2008R2 NPS for use a the Root CA.  The clients are using EAP-PEAP MSCHAPv2, and even though they are authenticating, they keep getting the following popup error, when they first try to connect.  I've attached an snapshot of the error they are getting.  I was wondering if anyone has seen this before and could share some their thoughts with me as to what I should be looking at as some possible source of this problem?

Thanks, Angel

4 REPLIES

Re: Certificate Error

Windows 7 requires a user to validate the certificate the first time. Once validated it shouldn't ask again.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

George,

However, they keep seeing this errror.  So basically, they going through authenticatiom where they are presented with this error, thy acknowledge it, and authenticate.  However, if they shut down and try to reconnect they are presented again with the same error?  Is there a reason why this is happening?  This is happening on Windows, Android, and IOS devices as well.

ahhh PKI.....  for the windows machines you can use a GPO to push the Entrust Root Cert into the Trust list. For the others, I'm not sure what all can be done off the top of my head

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Angel,

MAC and IOS devices will require the user to vaildate the certificate and once vaildated they wont be asked again. If you push a profile and include the cert the user wont get the first cert vaildate. The cert lives under the wireless profile, so once the profile is deleted so will be the cert.

Windows works very similar.

On your windows box, drop into the wireless config  and take a screen shot of your config in the cert sreen. See my attachment ..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content