Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Change the name of SSID on Wireless Controller

Hey guys, I have a simple question can I change the name of the SSID once its been implemented?

basically if SSID = WORK, can I change it to Office WORK?

I want to see if I can avoid deleting the SSID completely and starting over.

Thanks for your help.

• Security and Network Management
13 REPLIES

Yea you can do a simple "NO" and replace it. Then apply to the radio. Keep in mind you can not map WORK and WORK2 to the same VLAN. So you will need to delete it or move it ..

Does that help ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

Yes that helps out alot. I assume that I will have to do this via the command line. What commands should I use to get this done.

Config Wlan broadcast-ssid disable ? or is there something else?

I could blindly comment, but would rather take a peek at your config so I dont steer you wrong. Can you post your config?

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

Re: Change the name of SSID on Wireless Controller

Why don't you use the web interface?

... Just throwin it out there.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

You will not be able to change the ssid in the GUI either... delete and recreate:)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

Scott,

I had ready PC Support's post as if they thought they were going to have to use the CLI to make changes to the controller. As if they weren't aware of the GUI.

Regards,

Aaron

BTW -- Welcome to CSC, notice its your first post .

On a WLC you would have to delete the WLAN profile then recreate it to change the SSID.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Stephen Rodriquez is correct. There is no way to rename the SSID. Out of all the commands listed for the WLC, change SSID is not one of them. Although I am curious as to why though.

I reluctantly deleted the old SSID and created the new one.

All is working now.

Thanks for the input guys.

Views
Helpful
Replies