Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Cisco 3602i controller joining issues...

I have a couple 3600s that dont want to join.  One i and one e that are both doing the samething.  It is able to find the controller via layer 3 discovery but it is acting like it is a mesh AP when it tries to join the controller. 

From the 2500 contoller (running 7.2)

*spamApTask2: May 13 12:03:05.272: f0:f7:55:ae:xx:xx Mesh AP username f0f755aexx

xx.

*spamApTask2: May 13 12:03:10.739: f0:f7:55:ae:xx:xx spamProcessJoinRequest : RA

P, Check MAC filter

From the 3602i

flash:/mesh_start_cfg.txt: No such file or directoryThe filesystem containing th

e variables may not be initialized yet.

I should note that 3500 APs are able to join this controller.  The field guy is going to try to add the MAC address to the filter list when he gets back out on site to see if it allows it to join.  I am just kind of wondering if anyone else has seen this problem or as any insight on the issue.

Thanks!

CCNP - Wireless CWNA and CWAP
Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Cisco 3602i controller joining issues...

There have been other post just like yours. Some APs have the mesh image and it required you to add te Mac address then you can change the ap mode.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
3 REPLIES

There have been other post just like yours. Some APs have the mesh image and it required you to add te Mac address then you can change the ap mode.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
Community Member

Cisco 3602i controller joining issues...

Thanks Scott.  Seems I should have been searching for "registering" instead of "joining".

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24095

CCNP - Wireless CWNA and CWAP

Well at least it's a minor hassle:)

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content