Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 4402 Guest lan and product lan DHCP assignment

I'm currently setting up a wirless lan with a Cisco 4402 Wireless Lan Controller and 1 cisco 1242AG Access points.

All the devices include:

Cisco catalyst 6505

Cisco 4402

D-Link broadband router

Connection between them:

6505 trunking with 4402 (dot1q and trunk vlan 1 and vlan 3, but i found that all vlan on the 6506 will trunk together), wlan 1 is production lan while vlan 3 is Guest lan)

6505 vlan 3 is connecting to D-Link broadband router as a guest lan

both vlan 1 and vlan 3 have DHCP server for production PC and guest notebook respectively.

On 4402, i have two interfaces and 2 WLAN. one interface for production lan pointing DHCP server to product DHCP address and the other interface for guest lan, which pointing to guest lan DHCP server.

when a notebook connec to guest lan, it will assign an address from guest DHCP server, while connecting to production lan, a production IP will be assigned last week. But the things change w/o changing the structure, when i connect to guest lan SSID, the ip suppose assign by the Guest lan DHCP, but it failed, the notebook got ip address from production lan.

Is it trunking makes those all Vlan "mixed", and get ip from the DHCP server with faster respone time?

How can i make sure when i connect to guest lan, the ip will be assigned from Guest Lan DHCP server and vice versa?

Many thanks!

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Cisco 4402 Guest lan and product lan DHCP assignment

Here is the URL for the Cisco Guest Access Using the Cisco Wireless LAN Controller which will help you :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/guest_access/technical/reference/4.0/GAccess.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content