Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco ACS 3.0 EAP-TLS

Did anybody here use EAP-TLS authentication for Wireless NICs from other vendors?

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/350cards/windows/incfg/win_appe.htm

This link talks about how to configure dynamic key encryption for generic 802.1x that comes with Windows XP. But conerns are

1> Can we support mixed wireless NICs, say we have some users using Cisco NICs with LEAP, and some users using Compaq NICs on XP machine using EAP-TLS. What changes do we need to do on ACS and AP in order to provide this support?

2> Do 802.1x from XP and LEAP from Cisco provide the same level of security or LEAP is more secure?

Thanks.

• Security and Network Management
2 REPLIES

Re: Cisco ACS 3.0 EAP-TLS

It’s my understanding that Cisco LEAP is more robust from a security standpoint. I don’t believe you can pick and choose. If your environment has non-Cisco nics as well, you’ll have to abandon LEAP support for now and just use EAP. Am I wrong? Anyone out there know for sure? If so, I can’t find a config example anywhere.

Re: Cisco ACS 3.0 EAP-TLS

I don't think there's any problem interoperating between LEAP and EAP. Configuration for EAP-TLS is avaliable in CCO.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.