Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Aironet 2602I need for Controller

Hi Guys,

Quick thing, I will be deploying 6 of these 2602i Access Points at a customer and I'd like to know if 6 is already a number that calls for the need of a controller.

What do you recommend? To install all these 6 APs as just stand-alone units or is it better to utilize a controller and purchase the APs that work with the controllers (I believe if you will use controllers, then the model number is different thatn the 2602i?? )?

Thank you in advance

Ciscobigcat                  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Cisco Aironet 2602I need for Controller

It all depends on your budget.

If you've got the budget, get a 2504.  If not, then you can still load autonomous.

One of the biggest advantages if you go with a controller is CleanAir.  CleanAir is only supported when you have WLC. 

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Cisco Aironet 2602I need for Controller

It all depends on your budget.

If you've got the budget, get a 2504.  If not, then you can still load autonomous.

One of the biggest advantages if you go with a controller is CleanAir.  CleanAir is only supported when you have WLC. 

I thought you could use all the features of the 2600 without a controller. Do you have a link for that?

How critical will this CleanAir feature be?

I will be installing these APs in a Warehouse

thank you

VIP Purple

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2197490

Credit should go to Leo & I am giving you a previos post responded by him

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content