Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco AP 3502I - nvram verification failed

Hi,

I've got a few 3502I AP's and they all seem to not let me do a successful write mem to nvram ?  I have got one that also keeps rebooting ?

If l do a wr mem i get the following :  nvram verification failed

And also if l do a sh startup-config l get a :

%error opening nvram:/startup-config ( Invalid Checksum )

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...

4 REPLIES

Re: Cisco AP 3502I - nvram verification failed

hello

This is a capwap ap. you need a wlc to use that ap .

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

Hey George,

The AP's are connecting to a 5508 Controller, so are you saying that all the configs changes need to be done via the Controller ?

yes, that is correct ...u can do light Config like pointing it to a wlc and do debugs but Config gets pulled from the wlc

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Cisco AP 3502I - nvram verification failed

The AP that keeps rebooting, can you console into that and power cycle the AP and capture the output. Then can you save that to a text file and post that so we can take a look?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content