Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco AP + Radius + Android Devices

I've configured Radius server correctly and I am able to connect through wifi using a Cisco 1100 Aironet device from Windows 7, Windows XP machines and iPhone.

Android devices, however, can't connect. When I connect through, I can see in the radius log that the authentication is successful. But on the device, the connection status keeps changing to Scanning... Connecting... Disconnected and then eventually the connection drops.

The IP is assigned using dhcp.

The authentication method is PEAP and the SSID is picked up as 802.1x WPA.

Under the Encryption settings at the AP, my settings are AES CCMP + TKIP + WEP 128 bit

The for SSID configuration, authentication method is Open (EAP) and Network. Client Key management is WPA (Optional) with no key defined.

In my initial setup, my encryption settings was not a cipher, just WEP Encryption (optional) but in doing so, Android devices would pick the signal up as WEP, and would not let me modify the settings to set it to 802.1x

So i had to tinker with the encryption settings.

Can anyone assist in this matter please? Thanks so much. I'm not that familiar with network encryptions.

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Osman,

Better to use either WPA2-AES or WPA-TKIP.

If you use multiple encryption methods then some clients (like your android devices) may not like that and they won't connect.

Try with only one encryption method (better WPA2-AES) and let us know if that works.

Regards,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

3 REPLIES

Hello Osman,

Better to use either WPA2-AES or WPA-TKIP.

If you use multiple encryption methods then some clients (like your android devices) may not like that and they won't connect.

Try with only one encryption method (better WPA2-AES) and let us know if that works.

Regards,

Amjad

Hi Amjad,

Well I managed to resolve the issue. I changed the client authentication method to WPA Mandatory instead of Optional.

In order to do that, I had to change the encryption method to AES-CCM.

Hi Osman,

good news.

Please mark this post as "Answered".

Regards,

Amjad

Views
Helpful
Replies