Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco CleanAir 3500 vs Aruba ARM Video

Cisco released a video of CiscoAir in action

http://www.my80211.com/home/2010/5/11/cisco-cisco-cleanair-3500-vs-arubas-arm-video.html

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Cisco CleanAir 3500 vs Aruba ARM Video

Nice!

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Nice!

Yup yup ... Good stuff right there....

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Thanks George (+5).

Here's Aruba's video showing the same thing in reverse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpKQUqGqwDE

Who's correct?

Cisco Employee

Comparing things that 2 marketing teams tell you is very hard since they don't necessarily exactly lie but sometimes change the trught to make you believe something else :-)

The best is to compare technical details and so far, CleanAir is still unbeatable to me.

Btw, have you considered that according to Aruba's video, as soon as there is any interferer the AP jumps to another channel ? This means that in a real-life environment you're constantly disconnected all the time for brief periods because the AP changes channels and it basically screws the whole channel assignment plan. While CleanAir APs, since they can detect exaclty what type of device is the interferer can best judge if it's worth it to change channel or if the interferer can be tolerated.

Food for thought ;-)

You're absolutely correct in your assessment, changing channels at the first hint of an interferer is likely not the best thing to do.  I provided the link as a counterpoint to the Cisco link since on the surface they completely contradict each other.  I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle!

All the best..

Views
Helpful
Replies