cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DPC3925

ngokussj5
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using a dpc3925 modem/router from mediacom so they can monitor my internet i'm having trouble with a website chat system when people are talking the conversations stop after a minute but when refreshing the page it loads new messages here is a video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUtzlDXxwTY my belkin router settings had to be changed by going into dmz, disable firewall, change wireless channel mode and adding port numbers along with the description of the website but cisco settings are different i don't see these settings can someone help me with this?

5 Replies 5

ngokussj5
Level 1
Level 1

this only happens with wireless

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Try to trace out the Web chat sever while you are chatting I think you are losing connectivity with web chat server. And if it is so, please verify you wireless setting again and restart the modem.

yes it is losing connection to it the settings i mentioned have to be changed to fix it my router was like that until i disabled firewall, change wireless mode, enabled dmz, entered port nubers in virtual servers and added discription i need help in looking for these settings in cisco its named differently than in the belkin settings

this router will be picked up by mediacom this week so i won't have to worry about it anymore and use my router

the router is gone i'm back to using mine the problem is fixed with my router

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card