Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco flex connect AP connected port configuration issues

Dear Team,

I have a site configured with Cisco WCL 5508. I created one SSID and enabled flex connect in this SSID. I am connecting one access point in a remote location and configured the switch port configuration as trunk allowed with Vlan 20 and 30. However Vlan 20 and 30 is not my native Vlan, my native Vlan is 1. Vlan 20 and 30 is configured dhcp-relay. My AP is not getting the ip address from my dhcp server when my switch port is configured as trunk with allowed vlan 20 and 30. When I am changing it to access port with vlan 20, AP is taking the ip address and joins with controller, but my wireless client will not get the ip address as this port is not confiured with vlan 30.

I am using Cisco 3602 access point.

my WLC IOS  Version :-  7.6.110.0

1) Kindly let us know do I need to configure the native vlan in switch port configuration, is it mandatory. Can't this flex connect AP joins with Cisco 5508 WLC with any other IP address other than native Vlan IP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,1)You need to set the

Hi,

1)You need to set the switchport in trunk mode and define the native vlan,which will be the management vlan that AP will receive an IP and discover the WLC.For example native vlan 20.

2)Configure your wlan to support local switching

3)Set you AP to Flexconnect mode and reboot it

4)On you AP you will see a new tab for Flexconnect.

Set your native vlan,apply and then set the vlan mappings,for example vlan 30.

With that configuration clients will receive an ip from vlan 30 and all traffic will be locally switched.

Let me no if you need further clarification.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

2 REPLIES

Hi,1)You need to set the

Hi,

1)You need to set the switchport in trunk mode and define the native vlan,which will be the management vlan that AP will receive an IP and discover the WLC.For example native vlan 20.

2)Configure your wlan to support local switching

3)Set you AP to Flexconnect mode and reboot it

4)On you AP you will see a new tab for Flexconnect.

Set your native vlan,apply and then set the vlan mappings,for example vlan 30.

With that configuration clients will receive an ip from vlan 30 and all traffic will be locally switched.

Let me no if you need further clarification.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Hi Christos, Thanks a lot, it

Hi Christos,

Thanks a lot, it worked...

regards,

Jubair Salim

Views
Helpful
Replies