Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LWAP issue

Lavanholy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am having 3 nos of AIR-LAP1242AG-A-K9,I have configured successfully with WLC,but one problem I am facing with one LAP ,out of 3 two LAPs are working fine.Which are 4.0 ver,all the interfaces are showing up,but in one of the LAP ,it show only fastethernet interface and it is not showing RF interface.Which has the 3.0 ver.When i approached Cisco , they send a replacement,which is also 3.0,again it is not showing thr RF interface.

Now I want to upgrade the IOS of that AIR-LAP1242AG-A-K9,Can any one give the procedure.

Thanks and Regards,

S.Venkataraman.

1 Reply 1

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

The AIR-LAP1242AG-A-K9 are for use with the unified wireless system ( controller based)

The Ap will be upgraded or downgraded depending upon what version is on the controller. As soon as the Ap registers with the controller, the upgrade will start and then the AP will reboot with the latest code available from the controller.

If you are referring to the non lwapp 1242 radios, AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9 802.11a/g Non-modular , then you can upgrade them via their web interface or from the command line

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card