Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco NCS and ACS 4.2

I've been playing with this all morning and can't seem to make it work. I have the new NCS1.0.2 and older ACS 3.2 and 4.2...I want to be to login to NCS using Tacacs vice local logins is this possible with the older ACS or do I need to upgrade ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cisco NCS and ACS 4.2

No, this should be possible.  The link below details what you'll need to do.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/ncs/1.0/configuration/guide/admin.html#wp1112433

But basically, you need to define a new service type of NCS and the protocol HTTP  (yes, it's case sensitive)

Then when you go to the group or user you want to assign, select the NCS HTTP and add the customer attributes.  The attribute list can be found in the NCS under Administration > AAA > User groups, then just pick the TACACS+ copy all the variables and paste into the field in NCS.

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
1 REPLY

Cisco NCS and ACS 4.2

No, this should be possible.  The link below details what you'll need to do.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/ncs/1.0/configuration/guide/admin.html#wp1112433

But basically, you need to define a new service type of NCS and the protocol HTTP  (yes, it's case sensitive)

Then when you go to the group or user you want to assign, select the NCS HTTP and add the customer attributes.  The attribute list can be found in the NCS under Administration > AAA > User groups, then just pick the TACACS+ copy all the variables and paste into the field in NCS.

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content