Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco NCS Help

Jay233
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I currently have two issues with a new NCS install, if any one can help I would be really grateful.

1, I removed a controller then tried to add it back in, I now receive the following error message "Add Device Failed! Device already exists in the current domain".

2, SSH using putty over to the NCS instance (server) gets to a login prompt but when I enter a valid user name it instantly returns "Access Denied"

browser access is fine with several user names and passwords.

A big in advance to any replies!!!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mike.willing
Level 1
Level 1

Check under Configure - Unknown Devices.

View solution in original post

andy.winford
Level 1
Level 1

MIKE WILLING you are a genius.  I've been racking my brain for over two hours on this.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Maybe there is no configuration for ssh/user in that device, did you try the Cisco account settings?

Normally when you connect via SSH the user can be anything as long as you enter the proper password for The SSH configuration, then you will need to authenticate enable or a user with security level 15.

Also ensure your device is configured to accept SSH

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

mike.willing
Level 1
Level 1

Check under Configure - Unknown Devices.

hi,

you have multiple domains?

The controller must always be cleared in the ROOT domain.

The user for the SSH is "admin" and the root password you've set.

miro.

Jay233
Level 1
Level 1

Many thanks for the comments, I managed to resolve the issues by upgrading to the latest NCS bundle.tar.

Cheers,

Jay

How do you do to upgrade the lastest version if you can't access using SSH? I have the same problem but i can't access console

andy.winford
Level 1
Level 1

MIKE WILLING you are a genius.  I've been racking my brain for over two hours on this.

alicato43
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i am receiving the same error message

"

Add Device Failed! Device already exists in the current domain". even after an upgrade to cisco prime v2.0,

its a8500 controller on 7.4 code, it doesnt exist in controllers unknown devices either.

please adivse

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card