Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Prime Rogue AP Report - No Rogues from 3702 Series AP's

I am running Cisco Prime Infrastructure (2.1) that manages a Cisco 5508 WLC (7.6). We have multiple version of AP's managed by this WLC to include 1142, 2602, 3702, etc...In Cisco prime when we run a Rogue AP Report. None of the Rogue AP's discovered by 3702's are displayed in the report. The Rogues show on the WLC though from all AP's. Cannot find a reason for this. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES
Gold

The Rogue alarm state always

The Rogue alarm state always stays on "removed" once deleted
CSCuo91446
Symptom:
Once one of the alarm of rogue AP is deleted the newer rogue AP alarm changed to removed state even for different mac address.

Because of the removed state the detecting AP which detected the rogue is not displayed

Conditions:
1) Auto SPT is turned on
2) Prime 2.0 or 2.1

Workaround:
Click on refresh from network for each alarm in removed state or disable auto spt
Last Modified:
Jun 30,2014
Fixed
Severity:
3 Moderate
Product:
Cisco Prime Network Control System Series Appliances
Known Affected Releases:
(1)
2.1(0.0.1)

Auto SPT is not enabled -

Auto SPT is not enabled -

Just to be clear I am getting reports for all Rogue AP's found by other model AP's other than the 3702's.

I have patched Prime with 2.1.1 patch

I Have even set up my own Rogue AP and I can see it as a Unclassified Rogue on WLC but do not see it on the Rogue AP Report. And this particular Rogue AP "I" setup is being detected by 9 different AP radios. But yet it will not show on Report.

Any ideas?

Views
Helpful
Replies