Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Prime Server Specifications

Would anyone happen to know a good server build would be to run Cisco Prime Infrastructure for 5k in network devices.  I can only find VM information and not physcial hardware specifications in regards to this.

Everyone's tags (1)
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

I can only find VM information and not physcial hardware specifications in regards to this.

You won't because CPI only comes in two flavours:  VM and Cisco's "own" appliance.

You won't be able to build a CPI from a generic box anymore (not like WCS). 

Cisco's appliance is from IBM.

Silver

Kindly check the following link (Data sheet for PI)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps12239/data_sheet_c78-729088.html

and you can check the server specification from cisco and follow cisco recommended as best practice

Cisco Prime Infrastructure runs on a 64-bit, Red  Hat Linux Enterprise Server 5.4 operating system. You cannot install  Cisco Prime Infrastructure on a standalone operating system such as Red  Hat Linux, as Cisco Prime Infrastructure is shipped as a physical or  virtual appliance that comes preinstalled with a secure and hardened  version of Red Hat Linux as its operating system.

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

I can only find VM information and not physcial hardware specifications in regards to this.

You won't because CPI only comes in two flavours:  VM and Cisco's "own" appliance.

You won't be able to build a CPI from a generic box anymore (not like WCS). 

Cisco's appliance is from IBM.

Silver

Kindly check the following link (Data sheet for PI)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps12239/data_sheet_c78-729088.html

and you can check the server specification from cisco and follow cisco recommended as best practice

Cisco Prime Infrastructure runs on a 64-bit, Red  Hat Linux Enterprise Server 5.4 operating system. You cannot install  Cisco Prime Infrastructure on a standalone operating system such as Red  Hat Linux, as Cisco Prime Infrastructure is shipped as a physical or  virtual appliance that comes preinstalled with a secure and hardened  version of Red Hat Linux as its operating system.

Thanks everyone that have posted.  I was finally able to get a hold of our VAR and they specified the same information after discussing with Cisco.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content