Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Security Advisory: Denial-of-Service of TCP-based Services in CatOS

nojpt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Anybody who is aware or is affected of this flaw? My problem is that, we have a couple of 6500s with CatOS here. I don't know how to evaluate if our box is affected or not. Catalyst 6000 running a CatOS versions are listed as affected. Anybody can help me?

Thank you.

jon

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/cisco-sa-20030709-swtcp.shtml

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon yes it is the same the 6000 famliy also covers the 6500

The main difference between the 6000 and the 6500 is backplane speed and cost but from a software point of view they are the same

In you case you will need to upgrade to 6.3(6) to get the fixes for this problem

David

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

derwin
Level 5
Level 5

First off it will depend what version of CAT OS your running

In the alert there is a list of affected versions and the migration path to fix them Note any that are end of engineering will not have a planned fixed and you really should consider upgrading to a image that will be fixed

What version are you running ?

Hi,

I have this CatOS version:

WS-C6509 Software, Version NmpSW: 6.3(3)

and Hardware version:

Hardware Version: 2.0 Model: WS-C6509

What i can't be sure of is, is 6500 the same family series as 6000 as what is listed on the advisory?

Thanks for your quick reply.

jon

Jon yes it is the same the 6000 famliy also covers the 6500

The main difference between the 6000 and the 6500 is backplane speed and cost but from a software point of view they are the same

In you case you will need to upgrade to 6.3(6) to get the fixes for this problem

David

Hi David,

Thank you for giving such a quick response.

More power!

jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card