Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco Wireless Controller Blocking Traffic

I have a Cisco 2500 Wireless Controller connected and controlling 5 Cisco AP's.  Everything works fine except one device.

This device is used to connect to our AP wirelessly and then any of the wireless laptops can use programming software to connect to the device and program through it.  I can successfully set up our device on the network and all PCs can ping it, but the programming software refuses to connect to it.  I spent an hour and a half on the phone with the device people who assure me its the network.  So, I bought in a cheap Linksys router, hooked one laptop up to it and configured the device wirelessly.  With that, the programming software works.

My question, what should I be looking for in the Wireless Controller that may be blocking direct connection to the device even though I can ping it?

10 REPLIES
Bronze

Is the programming software a commercial product or produced in house. If it is a commercial product, what is the name? Does the device IP subnet reside on the same side of you corporate PCs or goes through a firewall? Does the software by any chance work based on multicast?

rvdsabu4life,

have you tried to " debub client [MAC ADD]" to see what´s going on?

Cisco Employee

i would rather prefer to ask the device vendor about the traffic type used to manage those devices : Multicast , broadcast ??

Is the programming software a commercial product or produced in house.  If it is a commercial product, what is the name? Does the device IP  subnet reside on the same side of you corporate PCs or goes through a  firewall? Does the software by any chance work based on multicast?

It is software produced by the hardware vendor.  It is ont he same subnet as the network.  No, the software does not work on multicast.

have you tried to " debub client [MAC ADD]" to see what´s going on? 

No, I will do this tomorrow when I am onsite.

i would rather prefer to ask the device vendor about the traffic type used to manage those devices : Multicast , broadcast ??

I know it is broadcast

Cisco Employee

If it is broadcast please make sure to have the following command running on your controller:

config network broadcast enable

-------------------------------------------------------

Please make sure to rate correct answer

When I run the "debug client" command, I get:

Debug Flags Enabled:
  dhcp packet enabled.
  dot11 mobile enabled.
  dot11 state enabled.
  dot1x events enabled.
  dot1x states enabled.
  pem events enabled.
  pem state enabled.

I also ran the "config network broadcast enable" command, but that did not fix the problem.

So this device is on the wireless correct, same WLAN as the device trying to configure it?  Do you have peer to peer blocking enabled in the WLAN?

HTH,
Steve

-----------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Everything is correct and no p2p blocking is off

Cisco Employee

I would rather say to collect sniffer traces on both wired and wireless side to verify whats going on.

Just an update.  I don't have any time left to try to get this working.  I am going to buy an autonomous AP and put it in place just for this to connect. 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content