Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco WLAN 4400 + SNMP

Have a question regarding setting up SNMP on my Cisco AP's (1242AG Lightweight). How do I manage these via SNMP? It doesn't appear there is any settings within each AP for SNMP but only on the 4400 controller. What I am trying to do is setup Solarwinds Alerts, so when an AP goes down, I get notified of it. I'm sure this must be possible but just looking for ideas on how or where this gets setup on the 4400 or the AP. I'm guessing there is something probably on the 4400 that I setup.

Thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES

Cisco WLAN 4400 + SNMP

When the AP is CAPWPA/LWAPP you do not manage them indivudually, just via the WLC.

Now, I'm not an SNMP expert, but there should be a tree you can walk to alert you when an AP goes down, as this should be a standard trap.  If you pull the MIBS from the download section and load them into your solarwinds engine, you should be able to see the appropriate value.

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Cisco Employee

Cisco WLAN 4400 + SNMP

Hi,

here is the OID which gives u the info when the AP goes down "bsnAPDisassociated".. the alert will be sent..

Regards

Surendra

Cisco WLAN 4400 + SNMP

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies