Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco WLC 5508 & Guest WLAN authentication by providing e-mail issue

Hi!

I need a solution to implement Guest WLAN - but the details of this need is quite... original.

I have 4 WLC 5508 and around 300 Cisco APs within WLAN.

What I need is to create a guest WLAN to access the internet with a possibilty for a Client to enter his e-mail address to be able to surf the web.

The clue is that the WLAN system has to prove the e-mail is valid & owned by the Client by sending login/pass credentials to that e-mail or activation url & let the Client to check that mail.

Something like welcome page redirection with 5 minutes for internet access for The Client after providing e-mail address & further authorization giving time limited internet access (for example 3 hours) to make him able surf the net would be perfect.

I found Cisco Unified Wireless Network Guest Access Services which gives Passthrough option for the Client to type a mail address, but this solution seems not validating that email address (probably except that typed text needs to be email like) & users can type some bogus email addresses.

Anyone has a clue how this could be done? The simpler solution - the better.

Thanks in advance

Shadow_82

• Security and Network Management
Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.