Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CiscoWorks recovery pass

Hi,

The version of my Ciscoworks is 3.2. I configured the login authentication in the CiscoWorks to Tacacs+, informed Tacacs+ server IP address and the remain of the configurations, after having confirmed the configurations I remembered that I did not change to the Cripto-key default that is different of my Tacacs+ key. Now I do not obtain login in the CiscoWorks application. As I can make to revert this situation?

Tks

4 REPLIES
Blue

Re: CiscoWorks recovery pass

CiscoWorks should have asked you to set up an "admin" password during the install. Try username "admin" to log in with that password.

This action don't working...you have another idea?

Blue

You may want to try resetting the admin password first:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_password_recovery09186a0080107dee.shtml

If the above doesn't work for you, the following is gleaned from somewhere else on this forum. Proceed with caution at your own risk. Your Mileage May Vary:

Question: the login module isn't working. I have configured tacacs and I can't see anything in the ACS server log. So I understand the login module is corrupted? Also, each time I reboot the server (Solaris) I cannot access the application and I have to do a password recovery (resetpasswd) for the admin user.

Answer: You will get this problem when there is an issue with the TACACS server. In this case

you can disable the TACACS and use the local database.

Just in case you need to disable TACACS+ login module here are the steps:

1. stop the CW2000 daemon manager

win2k: net stop crmdmgtd

solaris: /etc/ini.t/dmgtd stop

2. go to NMSROOT/CSCOpx/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cmf/security/jaas

3. delete the file, JaasConfigModule

4. restart daemons manager

win2k: net start crmdmgtd

solaris: /etc/ini.t/dmgtd start

This will bring back the default login module which is "local".

Hi yjdabear, this action also did not working, has you another idea?

Tks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content