Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CleanAir and 3600's

Has anyone noticed CA reporting Continuous Transmitters on one or more 3600's.

I have 3 3602i's in my 33/100 cube space.  Only the central unit reports a 100% CT..

putting it into the SE Connect mode, show up to 5 100% CT's.

The CT's have no corresponding RF energy on the FFT Realtime trace.

SE on a cognito does not confirm the CT when used beneath the suspect AP.

Chanalyzer4 on a WiSpy DBx agrees with the cognito ...  no enemy transmissions.

I'm beginning to suspect internal birdies within the 3600's..  That forth TX/RX unit must make it a bit noisier.

The MSE is does not place any interferrence icons on the map that relate to the reported CT's.  I get all the DCET's and Bluetooth items but no CT's.

David

• Security and Network Management
Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CleanAir and 3600's

David,

Very intersting. Please, if you would, respond back with what you find.

Thanks

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
7 REPLIES

Re: CleanAir and 3600's

I've seen similar results with the 3500, but just not has noticeable. Did you open a Tac case ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Hall of Fame Super Silver

CleanAir and 3600's

I see that also on the 3600's (2,4ghz only) but the Air Quality Report shows okay.

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

CleanAir and 3600's

No TAC case yet..  The observed issue does not affect the performance of the system.  The AP seems to be using the channel without problem for packet traffic. 

If the CT was real, the AP would hold off and wait for it to clear before xmit..  Not happening.  It is just a nusance to the observer of WCS/MSE reports.  However management likens it to cryin Wolf..  So the TAC might happen sooner than later.

CleanAir and 3600's

David,

Very intersting. Please, if you would, respond back with what you find.

Thanks

CleanAir and 3600's

I’m seeing this issue myself - a few 3602is reporting CTs (instances on both 2.4G and 5G) where the AP itself is operating. 

Running controller rev. 7.2.110.

I unfortunately do not have any active clients on either.

These were ever present CTs  - some others have been intermittent.

As a test, I rebooted an AP, and the 5G CT alarm reported did return on same channel the AP is operating on.

The AP reporting the 2.4G CT was also rebooted and the alarm has not yet returned after 30 minutes.

Any update from the TAC case?

CleanAir and 3600's

I'm missing my 'a round 2it'.

Since the CT has no signal strength, just presents, and it is not affecting the thruput of the AP as a 'real' CT would, I'm not botherd.  The MSE does not plant it on the map/list of interferers (no signal strength?), just the CleanAir routines.

CleanAir and 3600's

I was seeing similar issues on 2602i APs.  The AP itself is emitting some faint noise around 5.76GHz.  The TAC enigineer sent me a bug id (CSCud70484) and said this would be fixed in 7.5

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.