Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Association failures

I have one location that I'm having problems getting the laptops to associate to the 1130AG ap's. I'm using EAP-FAST w/ TKIP authenticating through a WLSM to ACS for AD authentication. When the laptop comes up it will initialize and then fail on association and login using cached credentials. Usually before the desktop will come up the client will find the ap and get associated but of course I get no drive mappings. I can take the laptop to another location that is configured identically and it works perfectly. Maybe 30% percent of the time the laptop will associate correctly. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Robert Evans

4 REPLIES

Re: Client Association failures

I assume XP with SP2 client and

ACS windows 2003 with SP1

there is a client issue

See WindowsXP SP2 Hotfix KB885453, also verify that wireless driver is the latest

Regards Jon F Sieck

Jon,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it isn't an authentication issue it's an association issue - the laptop takes forever to find an ap, once it finds an ap it will authenticate fine.

Robert

Hmmm. also had similar issue.

with older 802.11B not G nic.

Newest driver, and then on the radiointerface on 1134G set "preamble long" , and enable 1.0Mbit/sec Data Rate as an option.

Regards Jon F Sieck

I had a problem like this and it was solved by putting machine authentication in ACS. I don't know if it is the exact same problem your having.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content