Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Configuration of WLC with authentication LDAP

Hi,

I am having problem in the configuration WLC with authentication LDAP.

Currently I use Radius authentication to access the WLC and too other WLAN, but now I have that utilize the authentication an WLAN with LDAP and I am having this problem.

I use WISM2

Has anyone had this problem and may help me?

2 REPLIES

Re: Configuration of WLC with authentication LDAP

Hello

Here is a guide that will get you started

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-25344

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

Configuration of WLC with authentication LDAP

Hi,

You need to know that when you use LDAP to authenticate EAP supplicants you need to have:

- Local EAP configured on the WLC.

- Your LDAP server must support the EAP type that you are using.

You may visit this config example:

http://tiny.cc/9i2b1w

I would like to highlight the following informaiton from the above link:

'''snip'''

Local EAP retrieves user credentials from the local user database or the LDAP backend database to authenticate users. Local EAP supports LEAP, EAP-FAST, EAP-TLS, P EAPv0/MSCHAPv2, and PEAPv1/GTC authentication between the controller and wireless clients.

Local EAP can use an LDAP server as its backend database to retrieve user credentials.

An LDAP backend database allows the controller to query an LDAP server for the credentials (username and password) of a particular user. These credentials are then used to authenticate the user.

The LDAP backend database supports these Local EAP methods:

• EAP-FAST/GTC
  • EAP-TLS
  • PEAPv1/GTC.

LEAP, EAP-FAST/MSCHAPv2, and PEAPv0/MSCHAPv2 are also supported, but only if the LDAP server is set up to return a clear-text password. For example, Microsoft Active Directory is not supported because it does not return a clear-text password. If the LDAP server cannot be configured to return a clear-text password, LEAP, EAP-FAST/MSCHAPv2, and PEAPv0/MSCHAPv2 are not supported.

'''snip'''

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Views
Helpful
Replies