cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configurations are not saved on Aironet 3602E

gaurishkambli
Level 1
Level 1

I tried configuring snmp string on aironet 3602E. It gets configured but movement i restart the AP, configurations are not saved. I tried using write memory command but no use.

Kindly assist  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

i want to configure snmp strrings on AP Aironet 3602

*Sigh*

We're going around in circles.  

Let me repeat:  You CANNOT SAVE your SNMP strings on a controller-based AP.  You can configure them but when you reboot the AP, it's gone.  

Exactly what SNMP details do you want to configure on the AP which you can't get using snmpget or snmpwalk?

View solution in original post

Just an addition to my last post (below): 

I am working with two guys who's very savy at PERL scripting.  They've done a lot of SNMP configuration, both in wired and wireless network, and I've never seen them configure anything SNMP on our controller-based AP.  All SNMP work are done on the WLC and it's mostly snmpget or snmpwalk.  

If you need to configure SNMP strings on the AP then, rest assured, someone is doing it wrong.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I tried configuring snmp string on aironet 3602E. It gets configured but movement i restart the AP, configurations are not saved. I tried using write memory command but no use.

That's because you can't save a configuration on the AP if the AP is running controller-based IOS.  Controller-based AP/IOS means all configuration is on the WLC.   It defeats the true purpose of controller-based IOS if one has to configure each individual AP.  

Is it possible to configure snmp string on AP through controller?

Is it possible to configure snmp string on AP through controller?

If you're talking about RO & RW community string, yes you can.  You've got a choice of configuring via CLI or GUI.

Thanks for the info..please share the commands..

Configuring SNMP

Please do not forget to rate our posts.  

I have already configured snmp on controller WLC 5508..i want to configure snmp strrings on AP Aironet 3602

You can't. Things are handled by the WLC. 

Q. Can a LAP AP handle SNMP messages like an IOS AP?

A.  The LAP APs cannot handle SNMP messages on their own. In order to handle SNMP messages, you should configure an SNMP community on the WLC to which the LAP is registered. All the AP information is managed by the WLC.

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

i want to configure snmp strrings on AP Aironet 3602

*Sigh*

We're going around in circles.  

Let me repeat:  You CANNOT SAVE your SNMP strings on a controller-based AP.  You can configure them but when you reboot the AP, it's gone.  

Exactly what SNMP details do you want to configure on the AP which you can't get using snmpget or snmpwalk?

Just an addition to my last post (below): 

I am working with two guys who's very savy at PERL scripting.  They've done a lot of SNMP configuration, both in wired and wireless network, and I've never seen them configure anything SNMP on our controller-based AP.  All SNMP work are done on the WLC and it's mostly snmpget or snmpwalk.  

If you need to configure SNMP strings on the AP then, rest assured, someone is doing it wrong.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: