Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Configuring WLC to log guest activity to NGS

We presently have a guest wireless solution in place using 4400/5508 WLC controllers authenticating guests via a NAC Guest server. This has functioned well for the last year or so, but now our security team has requested that we begin logging guest activity. I already have RADIUS accounting set up on the WLAN configuration pointing to the NGS,I have added the NGS to the syslog set up on the controller (I have tried various syslog levels) but I am not receiving any guest activity info in the reports on the NGS. Can someone point me in the right direction for getting this data?

Thanks in advance!

Ric

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES

Re: Configuring WLC to log guest activity to NGS

Ric:

What kind of information you need to log?

guest information are usually send in SNMP trap messages. (when the user authenticates, when disconnects...etc). Not sure if NGS can be configured as SNMP trap receiver.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Configuring WLC to log guest activity to NGS

I'm looking to log the user network activity, not authentication or association. That portion already appears to work.

The NGS is supposed to be able to take syslog info from the network devices and create audit reports. Do you happen to know what syslog selection I should configure on the WLC in order to get those messages to the NGS?

Thanks!

Ric

Hi ricarcher, I'm facing the

Hi ricarcher,

I'm facing the same problem with you. Could you please give me a clue?

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies