Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Connection between 5508 WLC and 3750-24PS switch

I have to realize a connection between  an 5508 WLC and 3750 switch using one SFP cable. I found on Cisco documentation some reference about two different SFP cables.

The first one is CAB-SFP-50CM, but this is used to interconnect two 3560 switches.

The second is SFP-H10GB-CU1M. This one has SFP+ transceivers on both ends which I don’t know if are compatible with the standard SFP ports that can be found both on WLC and switch.

My question is if I can use one of these cables in order to connect my devices, or if you know other one piece SFP cables.

Many thanks

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Connection between 5508 WLC and 3750-24PS switch

You need an SPF (glc-t) for example.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I know that you can use those SFP transceivers, but I want to know if someone tried to use the SFP-H10GB cables for this kind of connection. Because I saw on another vendor website that the SFP+ cables are compatible with standard SFP ports, and I wanted to see if it is the same for Cisco cables too.

Regards

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Connection between 5508 WLC and 3750-24PS switch

It is not supported.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Hall of Fame Super Gold

The WLC 5508 will only negotiate to 1Gb and nothing more, nothing less.  So you don't need SFP+.

Views
Helpful
Replies