Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Connection issues after Wireless LAN Controller Upgrade

I upgraded our Wireless LAN Controller (4402-25) from version 3.2.171.6 to 6.0.196.0. We have 16 Symbol/Telxon PTC-960SL mobile computers that we use to telnet to a server running AIX. They will no longer connect to the server after the upgrade to the wireless LAN controller. The mobile computers appear under "Clients" as "Associated" and "Authenticated" but they timeout after 30 seconds because they can't connect to the server. I have performed a Link Test with success, but I can't ping the mobile computers from a the controller or a computer. I have submitted a service request to TAC, but haven't had much success in resolving the porblem.

2 REPLIES

Re: Connection issues after Wireless LAN Controller Upgrade

I was able to resolve the problem. "The following CLI commands have been added to allow devices that do not understand the controller's proxy Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) response without a minimum packet size of 60 bytes to communicate with the controller: show advanced dot11-padding, config advanced dot11-padding enable"

Bronze

Re: Connection issues after Wireless LAN Controller Upgrade

Eric,

We are troubleshooting similar issues with Symbol MC70 HHs under suspected bug CSCtf34858 - 6.0.196 802.1x client can't pass broadcast traffic.  If this takes care of them you will get 5 stars from me.

In either case, nice digging to find this command.

--Bruce Johnson

Views
Helpful
Replies