cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Controller Code

cef2lion2
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 4402 controller running 5.0.148 code without issues that we know of.

We recently installed a WISM module in our 6513. It was running 3.X out of the box. Does that mean it has been on the shelf for awhile? Are there updated WISM on the horizon? I updated the WISM controllers to 4.2.112 per TACs suggestion. They said not to go to 5.X code. They said there was bug issues.

Is the 5.X issues related to just certain features or the WISM itself? We would like to use mobilty features between the WISM and the 4402. What common code should I be running on all the controllers? the 5.0.148 has been out a while. If there are bugs I'm wondering why they have not been addressed in a new release?

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Don't install the 5.0 code. either run 4.1.185 or if you need to support 1252 access points, then use 4.2.130.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Ditto!

If I want to use mobility then I need to back down the 4402 controller to the 4.X code to match the WISM code correct? Current APs will then downgrade correct?

Correct..... only do 6 ap's at a time.

-Scott

If I want to use mobility then I need to back down the 4402 controller to the 4.X code to match the WISM code correct? Current APs will then downgrade correct?

I have the WISM controllers at 4.2.112 and will leave them there until I hear otherwise on the 5.X code. I will join our production APs to the WISM controllers.

I plan to leave the 4402 controller at 5.X code with a few APs for testing.

Thanks for the advice.

Yes... they all need to be on the same code!

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card