cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating a Guest User acct in WCS

johncomeau
Level 1
Level 1

When I create a unlimitied guest acct with in WCS I receive this error (see attached file). Has anybody ran into this issue?

thanks.

John

22 Replies 22

Yes that is the right link!

In short, make sure to make a backup of your DB (in windows, start -> program files -> wcs -> backup).

Then stop the WCS (program files -> wcs -> stop wcs).

Run the installer for 5.2.148.0

Try again the lobby account to see if that works better.

You dont need any new license and the installer will detect the previous one.

thanks, I will let you know the outcome of this in a few days. thanks for all your help with this so far.

Have a good weekend.

I went ahead this afternoon with the upgrade and it was successful. I ensured the services were up. Logged into WCS and created guest acct user and attached is my new error. I did verify the WCS does have connectivity and there's no other accts exists on the controllers.

What do you think? is this a bug in the version release?

Do you mind recreating this again and posting here the logs.zip output from administration -> logging ?

Please turn tracing on for the log level before reproducing the issue.

Also when you login the WLC gui, make sure this guest user does not exist yet.

We have to troubleshoot this new issue, further.

Lucien,

I recreated the issue and set the logs for trace. Do a search in the log for lassie, that was the test account that I used this time. Just wanted to let you know when i create the acct on the WLC i have no problem.

I did ensure the guest user is not on the WLC.

Thanks for your persistance.

Okay, now I see an error for MIB access failure : GuestUser!x.x.x.x!lassie : lifeTime : No access

This points to an SNMP problem.

Can you make sure you are using a RW community string in WCS for the WLC and NOT an RO community string?

Is there a FW between the WCS and the WLC?

Another thing to do, to make sure SNMP works, after you checked that you use the RW community string is to do an snmpwalk on the WLC from the WCS server with a freeware such as : net-snmp : http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/

the command would be:

snmpwalk -v 2c -c RWCOMMUNITYNAME x.x.x.x

where x.x.x.x is the ip of the WLC and RW... the name of the community string

Also, if the issue persist, could you post here all the logs.zip file and not only the wcs-0-0? That will be helpful.

I looked into the logs and noticed this error last night after I posted this. You are correct and when I fixed the SNMP communities configuration under the properties page of each controller.

Then I was able to create the guest acct. I dont know how that changed but that was the problem.

Thanks for hanging in there with me and helping me sort this out.

John

Excellent!

I guess we can mark this resolved.

Glad to hear the good news!

5.2.148.0 is a much better version of WCS to have, many regression bugs fixed.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card