Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CSACS vs CAR

Hi,

I would like your advise on the subject below.

Can Cisco Access Registra support LEAP, PEAP just like the CSACS 3.2?

What are the limitations of Cisco Access Registra compared to CSACS?

Regards,

Delon

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: CSACS vs CAR

CAR is really the big brother of ACS

It does support leap and from a scalability point of view it can do a lot more than ACS

For more details your account team will be able to point you in the right direction but this link should help you

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Software:Access_Registrar

Re: CSACS vs CAR

Hi Derwin,

Thanks for your feedback.

Hope you may help me with the following matters,

1) LEAP is supported on CSACS 3.2. The userdatabase supported can only be Windows Active

Directory. Oracle and LDAP are not supported. Am I right? Do Cisco have any plan to

support AD in near future through CSACS.

2) I know that to support LDAP, PEAP authentication need to be used. However, client must

be XP or having PEAP supplicant on other OSes. But we can't justify to customer to

change their OS to XP. How can I have EAP in this scenario?

3) LEAP is supported on Cisco Access Registrar. CAR supports ODBS and LDAP but not Windows

Active directory. Why is it so? I thought CAR is a brother to CSACS. CAR should be able

to support what CSACS can do and even more.

4) I have a customer who has 1200 series access point installed with an 12dBi omni mast

mount antenna. He plans to migrate to 802.11g. What does he require? Can he use back the

12dBi antenna with the 802.11g radio card. DO i need to carry out site survey again?

5) What are the steps to migrate from 802.11b to 802.11g? Just need the radio card will do?

Do I need to upgrade software? What else do I need to take into considerations?

6) Do you have the range calculated based on antenna type with 802.11g card? I found the

range for 802.11b card with different type of antenna in the datasheet but not based on

802.11g card? Where can I get the related information?

Thanks for your effort and response

Regards,

Delon

Views
Helpful
Replies