cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSSC for Windows 7

wg wireless
Level 1
Level 1

I want to imlement EAP-FAST with WLC and Cisco ACS. But Cisco Secure Services Client (CSSC) is not available for Windows 7 yet. Most of the client machines have Windows 7 in our case. What options are available to implement EAP-FAST with windows 7 on client machines? We want to avoid PEAP due to certificates management issues.

6 Replies 6

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, indeed CSSC is not available yet for Win 7, however CSSC will be merged into a new supplicant (AnyConnect) and will be supportd in Win 7.

This is on the pipelin and should be out there in couple months.

Regarding other options, you can manually install the EAP-FAST component on Win 7 machines.

Here is an example:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7hardware/thread/383f4832-b453-4a9e-b3fd-ec777445014b.

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Thanks... but the proposed solution will be dependent on different third party utilities that come with the laptop cards... However, we are looking for a single solution for all types of wireless adapters like CSSC...

Ok, understood.

CSSC is the only Cisco supplicant software that can be used for diferent Wireless adapters, so if you really want a Cisco software you will need to wait for the new Cisco any Connect which will include CSSC with support for Win 7.

This should be out in couple of months.

HTH,
Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

is there any third party generic supplicant? The one which is independant of the card manfacturer...

Not that I am aware of...

Only the Windows OS itself...

Hey I tried a third party supplicant open1x and it works...

http://open1x.sourceforge.net/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card