cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom WebAuth

wowsersusa
Level 1
Level 1

I am basically trying to take the e-mail pass-through page and manipulate the simple html code say Signature instead of Email Address. However Every time I copy the code and open up the login.html that I upload with the custom webauth page I no longer have a submit button and even when I hit enter it no longer redirects me anywhere. Basically the need for this is to have the users name in the system to log them. We are just trying to figure out if there is a way for a guest to self register themselves by reading a license agreement and then signing at the bottom. Thanks in advance for any help that could be provided

27 Replies 27

im having the same issue, and ive looked up and down cisco's site for some help. the most ive come up with is a general guide on what fields to code, like "make sure you capture the redirect url".

ive copied the source code of the internal auth page, modified it, tar'd it, and uploaded successfully. the javascript does not work, there is no submit button, and none of the basic cisco banners are there. i assume its because of the directory structure, which is not documented.

i do see in figure 9-14 (here: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/control/c44/ccfig40/c40users.htm#wp1053578 ) that there is a submit button and a terms button. i would be ecstatic if i could find out how that terms button works.

all i need is a "ive read the terms and agree to them" page, along with the terms for them to read. modifying the internal page does not allow for carraige returns so this is not acceptable for my use.

please help with this issue, ive seen it posted a few times and no answers that i can find.

Hello,

When i followed the instruction given by cisco literature on creating a customized webauth page, it doesn't work. The downloaded sample has a "no-action" javascript which basically does nothing. In order for the submit button to work, you need to configure the WLC to work with the internal webauth page, associate to the WLAN with webauth and open IE browser to be prompted with the actual login page. There you need to save the webpage and you'll get the REAL sample with workable login javascript. make sure you have the file "loginscript.js" in the "web Authentication_files" directory. Do your modification and tar the entire package. Don't forget to rename the html to login.html. Make sure you "APPLY" the customized page in security>web login> I'm still having some problem with this method, but I'll post this in another thread.

Well Thank you for your post but I figured this out lte november. You are correct in saying about the javascript.js file. My problem was I edited it using VI and for some reason it put some non-standard ascii characters in my Javascript. I just downloaded the page again and it works. The only other problem I had was inside the controller I had to make sure under WLAN passthrough had e-mail checked in order for me to send login information to an accounting server.

Can you assist me with redirecting via editing the javascript.js file? I have the js file, but don't know where to put the url. I'm using SourceEditor (it's free) Thanks much!

Hello Ms. Jennifer,

What exactly are you trying to do? What we did for our company is create a custom webpage with a EULA designed by lawyers with a signature block at the bottom instead of E-mail. Then under the WLAN Layer 3 Security I selected WebPolicy then I selected passthrough and E-mail input. Essentially I cheated and made the Input E-mail ay Signature. I will be glad to help in any way I can.

I have edited the basic web splash screen, and want the accept/submit button to redirect guest users to a different website. I believe when I upload a custom web auth page, I need to have a complete html file, and cannot use the redirect field that is only present on the controller when I am using the internal (default) web auth page. I do not know how to redirect based on a javascript file. I don't know where to specify the url, or how the js file parses the url. Thanks for your help!

Actually it is on your splash screen html file where you need to put the redirect.

Look for Form method part of your html code and this is what I had to enter for it to redirect the url to another website. Do not edit the javascript file it will screw things up. I learned that lesson. Let me know if this helps.

The FORM section of the html I pulled down looked like this:

value=0 name=buttonClicked>

name=err_flag>

type=hidden maxLength=15 size=16 value=0 name=info_flag>

maxLength=31 size=32 name=info_msg>

name=redirect_url>

I edited this section to get the redirect to work:

http://www.google.com" method=post>

Thanks so much for heading me in the right direction!

I also realized that I had accidentally made the login.html a login.htm and the webauth bundle would not extract properly. I kept getting the error:

Error extracting webauth files.

Once I renamed the login.htm to .html the upload worked.

Actually - my post wasn't correct - the redirect worked from the controller preview, but not as a redirected user.

The section I edited to make it work was this:

name=redirect_url value="http://www.google.com">

Wanted to clarify for any other people having issues. Controller code version is:4.0.206.0, and it is a WLC 4402-50.

This is a good thread, as I have been having problems with web passthrough for guests since day 1 of upgrading to 4.0.179.11. I feel as though I am very close, a guest user now will see our custom passthrough page, click a button stating they have read the above usage information, and get to the "connection successfull" page.

From here, nothing happens: there is no redirect. You can manually change your url and use the internet as you should. If you click your home page button you end up back at the passthrough page, where if you click the button again it just loops the same page. Here is the popular part of my html: If anyone has any suggestions, I greatly appreciate it. TAC has responded that they will not assist with custom made pages. If anyone wants to email me directly, I am at mikematulevich@yahoo.com.

Mike what you have to edit or add is up above the FORM method area. I remember having to add in some of my own code which I posted pretty much a whole block and you should be able to figure out where it goes.

Thanks wow, good stuff. You didn't do any modifications to your javascript file I hope?

I think the only real difference in the html I somehow missed was the

var redirectUrl = "www.google.com"

I thought for some reason if all these values were set to "", then it would redirect the user's specific home page. I will give this a shot. That being said, for the line a little lower on your html:

Did you have to specify the VALUE="www.google.com" in that portion, or did you leave it ""

Thanks in advance!

FYI for anyone. DO NOT Modify the java script I had many problems when I did.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card