Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Customize WEB Authentication with 4402 Controller

Hello,

we are using WCS 4.0 and WLC 4402 4.0.

I would like to import a Web page for client passthrought authentication, with customized accept button and another button to launch a script on the PC.

I found some info on the Cisco doc (chapter 9 of WLC doc), but I could,'t make it work yet.

Does someone have already did it? or may have deeper info?

Many thanks for your help.

Gael

11 Replies 11

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

If you've upgraded to , have some customization of the web authentication login page available. From your controller

GUI, go to the MANAGEMENT page and click Web Login Page down on the bottom left side. You now have the option of whether or not to display the Cisco logo, send folks to your specified target webpage after auth, or see your desired Headline and Message. Beyond this however, you would need to use external web authentication and design the login page yourself.

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Best way to start here, is to download the webauth bundle from the WLC to your pc, then look at the structure that is used. Then you can manipulate the code, scripts and images, upload them back to the WLC.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Is there a way to download the webauth bundle from the WLC? I can't seem to find it and the documentation on the subject seems non-existant.

rburden
Level 1
Level 1

I have successfully uploaded a custom webauth page to a 2006 controller which should be the same procedure for the 4400. You have to create your page, called login.html, along with your graphics. Make your links in your web page relative to the current directory. Once this is done, create an uncompressed tar of all the files required for your package. The tar must be created with paths relative to sub-directory and no volume name in the archive. It took me multiple attempts with many settings to get this to work, I wish Cisco's documentation on this feature was much better than it is currently. I am attempting a custom client passthrough also, but the redirect does not work in my page for some reason. Maybe someday I will figure it out. If anyone has any info on how the html file is supposed to be arranged to provide the correct redirection, let me know.

Thanks

Does the 2006 have a 30K size limit like the 4400?

I am currently going through this situation as well. And the current passthrough page we have for guests is beyond bland. Rburden, let me know how you are making out with the custom client page. I also could use some help with how to upload the webauth bundle from the controller, as it is not an option under filetype. Thanks!

This is completely holding up our guest implementation at the entire site. TAC provided me the WCS bundle, but even in passthrough mode, it does not disable or hide the user name and password fields. I feel as though I am close using our own page, all I am trying to do is get a redirect working.

I get as far as seeing the redirect url appear, but then it bounces right back to the original passthrough information page. Has anyone had any luck implementing a passthrough page with redirection??

I am running WLC 4402 with 4.0.179.12. I have created a uncompressed tar for a customized passthrough login.html with js and graphics in an image folder.

But after downloading and extracting the file on the controller the controller says "Error extracting webauth files"

The logs say:

Could not find login.html in the downloaded Webauth bundle

But login.html is there for sure.

Because I have no WCS 4.0 available I do not have a sample webauth tar.

Can maybe somebody post one?

Thank you.

TAC was able to assist me with a sample, I would try with them. However the bundle did not work correctly, at least in my case. It uploaded fine, but there seemed to be some problems within the loginscript.js file, backup your config on the controller before uploading and of those files.

TAC also sent me a sample file that actually worked. I then downloaded GnuWin32 and attempted to modify the file they gave me and re TAR it. The file uploads fine, but when the screen shows that the controller is attemptint to extract the web auth files, that is when the error occurs and then I get a "File transfer failed".

Is there a GUI tar program out there?! Or what have you used to successfully tar the files?

TUGZip is a tool which works. With WinZip or 7Zip the extracting fails.

For being sure that the controller realy downloads the file, check the logs on your tftp server.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card