Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

CWUA for ACUv5.05.001

CWUA v20.30 was created for ACUv5.01.001, and I can't seem to change the version of ACU to install. Does anyone have any suggestions for upgrading ACU and firmware on multiple wireless clients?

Thanks,

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CWUA for ACUv5.05.001

You must check out the new ACAT (CWUA replacement)

It can be found on the software download page for client adapters.

Simply stated, this admin tool for WLAN deployment is now a work of art.

WAY TO GO CISCO SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT!!

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

There are some issues reported like that. Pl. let me know any errors you are getting. There is one bug CSCin08744 which is very similar to that. It reports "Unable to install ACU using Cwuai". Try using ACU 5.2(05)

You should be able to copy the "older" ACU files into the CWUA's ACU folder, answering Yes, when prompted to overwrite files or not.

Then, when the CWUA runs, the "old" ACU program will get installed from the CWUA's source files, not the new one that comes with v20.30.

I've tried this and it seems to work fine. Just make sure you don't blow the whole CWUA\ACU folder away...there are files in there that come with the zipped CWUA program that are needed to run the autoinstaller script properly.(In addition to the ACU Source)

Hope this helps!

You must check out the new ACAT (CWUA replacement)

It can be found on the software download page for client adapters.

Simply stated, this admin tool for WLAN deployment is now a work of art.

WAY TO GO CISCO SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT!!

Thank you so much for the update...I've been putting off any upgrades/updates until a dependable solution was available. Except for the lack of documentation, it works like a charm.

There is plenty of documentation out there for the ACAT, I did a search and found the Adobe Online Manual that explains all the setting and what they do and mean (i have it saved on my hard drive or I would provide the url). I do agree it should be included in the download, but that would add an additional 2 meg to the download itself. Anyway, hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content