Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Deauthenticating Station xxx, Station xxx Associated

I see this log roughly every 30 seconds, give or take a few seconds, in my syslog. It is from a specific client on a wpa-psk ssid, and the client doesn't show up on any other access points. It also never loses its connection, just does this every 30 seconds. The signal is strong in that area, so I am wondering what I should look at or if this is something that is *normal*? If I need to post up more info, please let me know.

(I accidentally posted this in the network infrastructure as well, but I am not sure how to remove it.)

thanks,

dave

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Deauthenticating Station xxx, Station xxx Associated

Looks like the user's session timeout is set very low.

Is the authentication from a Radius server ?

Community Member

The authentication on this ssid is coming from a psk on the access point.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

So you are saying that it is only this one client? If so, looks like there might be an issue with the client... update drivers or reload the driver if already running the latest driver.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Go into device manager and go into the properties of this user and compare them to a known working station. It sounds like power save may be turned on.

Essentially to conserve energy it turns the wireless nic off at a uniform rate. An app the user may have might be 're-activating' the nic when it polls. Just a thought, post one of the logs or so for us to take a look at.. Also make sure your logging is uniform across the board. To ensure your seeing the same type of information on each AP

-Bob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content